Saturday, September 13, 2014

Starting the Year

This year has moving full speed ahead and before it gets away from me i have decided to document my life as a teacher. This year started out like most of my years teaching...I had to move rooms. This time was very much like the last, my things crazily packed up at the end of the year and transported not so carefully to my new room over the summer. Moving rooms is always hard, but I am now next to the other lovely ladies that make up my amazing first grade team. I documented my room transformation, and things are still coming together.

My school is going through a transformation in regards to technology. We dismantled our computer labs and are moving toward being a one to one technology school. In the mean time, we are working with short throw projectors and Apple T.V.s that are not compatible with most of the staffs computers, and with all of the moves, our technology has been all over the place. I know it will be amazing when it is all worked out, but in the mean time, I have gone back to old school teaching. It has been quite the experience. I never new how much my projector helped my students focus on their work because I have never had to teach using only the whiteboard. After about a week, I realized that I needed to get my act together and work on setting up my document camera. It took sometime, but I finally managed to hook up all of the cords correctly and am now able to use my document camera with my new projector. Phew…..

No comments:

Post a Comment