Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Apple Week

Lest week was apple week, which is one of my most favorite weeks because we do so many fun activities!

We start by learning all about Johnny Appleseed. We read many stories about the real John Chapman. The students complete a sequencing of Johnny Appleseed seen below.



We work on a guided drawing of Johnny Appleseed and add him to a tree and sunny background. I found the idea here at Blog Hoppin'

I will be posting my my student's versions soon.

On September 26th, which is Johnny Appleseed's birthday, Johnny Appleseed actually showed up! Thank you to APC Dramatic Arts Program for an amazing show. The student's really loved listening to Johnny tell us all about his life. 






It was a wonderfully interactive presentation. The students were asked to help plant an apple orchard, and they were lined up to show how big a log cabin was and how tall an apple tree grows. I have never seen so many hands raised to answer questions. It was great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment