Friday, November 20, 2015

Five for Friday: Thanksgiving Edition




60th Day:
We made these 60th day of school turkeys. Each turkey gets 10 feathers. We practice counting by 2's, 5's, and 10's. 



Turkey in Disguise:

I gave this as a homework assignment. Look how cute they came out! I am so proud of the effort they put in to decorate and disguise their turkeys. They baby just cracks me up.



Scarecrow Art:

I love using these scarecrows to decorate the classroom along with the corn I posted two week ago for the 50th day of school activity. They turned out adorable. 



Sing Along:

This week we had an author visit and a sing along assembly. The sing along is something we are trying to do to create a sense of community at our school. It was really fun to see all of the students singing together. 





We Are Thankful Book:

This week we worked on a classbook . Each 1st grader wrote a paragraph about three things they are thankful for. It was the first time I asked them to write details. We started with reading a book and brainstorming ideas. I guided the student through a planner and how to transfer their writing from the planner to a first draft. I conferenced with each student. Then, they wrote a second and final draft. We are sending our pages off to Student Treasures for binding. Each student can purchase a book from Student Treasures. I am excited to see the final product. The students put so much time and effort into their writing and art work. I know it will turn out beautifully. 




No comments:

Post a Comment