Monday, April 13, 2015

My Guilty Pleasure

This week I have been on spring break. I took this time to hang out with my son, catch up on “Reign” while drinking champagne and eating macaroons, and read as many young adult books as time allowed.  I was able to finish Red Queen and Rogue Wave the second book in the Deep Blue Saga, and I am working on Stolen, the second book in the Heart of Dread series. 
Photo courtesy of www.sweetyhigh.com
If you can not tell by the titles of the books I read, I have a lust for young adult books. I have tried hard to read interesting adult books and stop halfway through because there is not enough teen drama and endless love. I find it humorous that a married woman with a toddler loses herself in these alternative world trilogies. I remember reading The Happiness Project back when I needed to find some happiness of my own and particularly recall the chapter when she realized that she loved young adult books. Just like her, I felt ashamed of my desire for these types of books until I recognized the need to embrace it. Now, it is all the rage. The Divergent series, the Hunger Game series, the Maze Runner, and The Giver have all become movies within the last couple of years.  It is my dream come true, and my goal is to read as many as I can before the trend fades!

No comments:

Post a Comment