Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Friendsgiving

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time to celebrate friends and family. My husband and I decided to have a freindsgiving because we were not going to be having a traditional Thanksgiving since we are going to the 49er game on Thanksgiving. It was the first time that I had ever made a turkey. My husband brined the turkey for me, and it was my job to put the rub on the turkey and cook it. I bought the brine and rub at Cost Plus Word Market. It came in a nice kit that was very reasonably priced. I woke up really early thinking that it was going to take me a long time to cook the turkey. I watch the Reynolds Wrap video for how to cook a turkey and decided that it seemed easier then other ways. I basically placed Reynolds Wrap at the bottom of the pan, put the turkey directly on top of the wrap and created a tent for the turkey. It made for a beautiful turkey and quick and easy clean up.


I used our new roasting pan that is beautifully initialed. I loved the look. I felt so domestic. 

I also wanted to create decorations for the party. I went on Pinterest and found a sign that I felt like I could recreate. We had an old mirror that I painted with chalkboard paint to create a framed chalkboard. I used chalk board markers to write on the sign. This is what came from my efforts.


This is the sign that greeted our guests as they arrived. 

I also went to Papersource and bought crafts that I could DIY. I made photo props and a "Give Thanks" sign. The table clothes were purchased at Cost Plus World Market at the same time that I bought the brine and rub package. I used fall flowers in mason jars to create the rustic feel that I was going for. 



We had such a wonderful time with our friends. Thank you to all that came and enjoyed feasting with us! We wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving that is blessed with family, friends, and really good food...

No comments:

Post a Comment