Friday, October 31, 2014

Pumpkin Adjectives and Craftivity

It has been a while since my last post, so I have so much to write. It is October 31st, and my classroom has been for crazy making. We have explored pumpkins and bats, witches and monsters. It has been so much fun. This is also the first year that my son has been old enough to walk around in a costume. My husband was sent on a mission to find the perfect costume and came back with a chicken costume. This was not my idea of the perfect costume, but it was what we are going with. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out tonight.

Getting back to my classroom, first, I will start with pumpkin adjectives. My students brainstormed many different adjectives to discuss the inside and outside of pumpkins.

After we brainstorm these ideas, we write sentences about pumpkins using Foxwell Forest's pumpkin creativity. It gets the students writing multiple sentences. Each student can write as detailed or basic as necessary for their skill level. It helps to show me how students are challenging themselves to write above and beyond. I don't have images of the writing, but they turned out cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment